1. The framed quote I have to admit, there are days that I wake up and see this pretty gold-foil print on my wall (pictured above), and think, “You know what, I don’t feel like being amazing today, OK?” (Example: Mondays.) But then there are days that I see it and get a glimmer of hope that “being amazing” simply means trying my hardest to be myself and be kind, as goofy as that sounds. I think we all need to be reminded now and again to be more content with ourselves: our likes and values, our personality “quirks,” especially in a world where we’re inundated with what everyone else is doing (and then trying not to compare!). Hang up this print and let it always remind you that you are amazing, just as you are.
2. The book “Tales From the Back Row” is written by the editor of cosmopolitan.com, Amy Odell. If you’re looking to get into fashion, or you’ve always been fascinated by the industry, you’ll love Amy’s funny, honest stories of making her way up the ladder. She talks about her run-ins with celebs like Jay Z, Karl Lagerfeld, and my favorite, Anna Wintour. It doesn’t feel like one of those gossipy, tell-all books, more like you’re sitting down with your hilarious, down-to-earth friend who’s sharing stories from early in her career. It’s probably the least pretentious fashion book you’ll ever read, which is exactly why I love it.
3. The decor piece Decorative matchboxes. I’m so serious! They’re inexpensive and come in these jumbo boxes, with the extra-long matches inside (love the colorful tips). Lighting a candle has never felt so glamorous! I have a box in my living room, bathroom, and bedroom. (Pictured above, top right, the matchbox is from Henri Bendel, the set at bottom right is from Peacock Parfumerie. Plus, six other chic sets: ikat and floral designs, love, par-tay, vintage bathing beauties, island scene, and leopard-print.)
4. The accessory I got the bow bracelet pictured above (at bottom, near the middle) as a gift from my dear friend Jenn, and I’ve been wearing it lots! It’s girly and fun, and adds a bit of polish to whatever I’m wearing to work. (Here are similar Kate Spade styles: white bow, rose-gold knot, pavé bangle, and cat ears.)
5. The song Before a night out, before a job interview, before that hot date, play this...