1. These pretty earrings. I could wear them every day! I saw them on this blogger and had to have a pair. They're a bit of a splurge, so here are a few other cool options: same, but simpler; triangles in a row; marble; leafy; and a gold-hammered line.
2. This movie. I just rewatched it this week and had all the nostalgic feels. I remember going to see it with my friends back in 1999 (eek!); it was the first movie I saw without any parents along. So darn exciting at the time. Also: So obsessed with Freddie Prinze, Jr. back then!
3. The book that gave me a new mantra. At my mom's birthday dinner a few weeks ago, she gave all of us (my family and close family friends) a gift: Zen and the Art of Happiness, and she wrote a unique message inside each person's copy. The big theme of the book: Everything that happens to us is the best possible thing that can happen. Sounds kind of hokey and oversimplified, right? There are some things too horrible to seem to serve any clear purpose. But as I got into the book (it's super short, 142 pages), I got more and more into the mantra above. There's something really comforting in believing that the things that happen in our lives are ultimately for our benefit, and that shifting our mindset is the key. When I remind myself of that, it really calms me and helps me to trust that things will turn out ok. This is a book I will go back to over and over again throughout my life; I'm so thankful to my mom for giving me a copy.
4. This app. I was inspired to download it after reading this article, which says Clue is actually being used to better understand women and their periods. So cool! Clue helps me to keep track of where I am in my cycle, so I can see when my period is going to hit and when I'll be dealing with PMS, plus, there are tons of other health tidbits that I can document, from how oily my skin feels, to whether I exercised that day, to what my mood was like. (If you're trying to have a baby, it tells you when you're most fertile and when you're ovulating.) All in one little smart app. Love!
5. This beach bag (that you can use on the regular). I love how the pretty tassel glams it up. And I can easily tuck the tassel inside the bag if I want it to look more casual and beach-ready.
Plus, I'm looking forward to... Nick Jonas' new album, Last Year Was Complicated. It's out June 10. (Mark your calendars!) Have you heard "Champagne Problems"? I can't stop playing it. (And dancing to it.)
Hope you have the most wonderful, relaxing, peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
Lots of love, Heather xoxo
Photograph by Tom Schelling.