1. Mermaid tops. I know, I know, it’s February. But I don’t care, I want all of the mermaid things. My friends and I joke about being mermaids because we live for summer (as so many of us do). And wearing a statement on my shirt is something I’ll never get tired of, whether I’m 28 or 14. (P.S. Shoutout to Jen for finding the amazing tank top above.)
2. Cauliflower. Supposedly it’s the kale of 2015. It’s filled with tons of nutrients (duh) and it tastes heavenly when you roast it in the oven with a mix of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I’ve put together this recipe a few times on Sunday nights, and it makes enough for about three days of work lunches.
3. Matchbook. Has nothing to do with dating, promise. My friend Dayna told me about this app last weekend over baked mac and cheese and drinks at Brooklyn’s Porkslope. If you live in/near a city with an infinite amount of great restaurants, it’s a cool way to log each one while you’re there, waiting for your food (it takes five seconds). You can add notes, like what you ate and who you’re with, and use it to list places you want to visit too. This way you won’t forget the name of the hipster joint with out-of-this-world wings that your coworker told you about last week.
4. Vapur water bottles. My goal in life is to make my work bag weigh less, since it always feels like it’s full of bricks. I usually bring an aluminum bottle to work for water (which even by itself, can be a bit heavy), but Vapur’s bottles, while plastic, are BPA free, foldable (when empty), freezable, and SO LIGHT! Plus, the company makes this. Let’s just say picnicking has been revolutionized.
5. This song. It’s my get-up-and-dance/make-a-good-day-that-much-better/get-me-out-of-a-bad-mood anthem of the moment. (It also makes a great workout song.)
P.S. Have you heard about Klepto the Cat?!