1. I use this magical highlighter on my cheeks every day. Sometimes I’ll layer blush over it, almost like it’s a primer, and other times I wear it alone, so my face “appears” au naturel and dewy. Either way, it gives me that flushed, just-came-in-from-the-cold look, with some subtle shimmer. Totally my jam.
2. For those days when I don’t feel like jogging in the cold (or really moving much at all), but I still want to get my blood pumping, Yoga with Adriene’s videos on YouTube are my go-to. She’s upbeat, funny, and doesn’t take herself too seriously (my favorite kind of person!). Plus she’s got a yoga video for everything: winter blues, weight-loss, and digestion, even for when you wake up and before bed.
3. These two albums that I’ve had on repeat, both released in late February, are so damn good. Also: Tove Lo’s “Queen of the Clouds.” Even if you’re not a fan of her “Habits (Stay High)” song, you’ll like this album. Think: a darker, edgier version of Kesha’s catchy tunes. (I’m obsessed with her newest single, “Talking Body.”)
4. These candles are made with repurposed wine bottles and they’ve got luxe scents like pinot grigio, merlot, and cabernet sauvignon. Perfect as a gift (or to make your place smell divine!).
5. I know I’m late to the party, but I just listened to the Serial podcast series (sped through all 12 episodes in less than a week). It’s absolutely riveting. Even when I wasn’t listening to it, I’d be thinking about it—like when you’re reading a really good book and you can’t put it down. What startling, terrifying, and terribly sad overarching themes there are within Serial, like what we’re capable of as humans (say, murder?), how selective and fleeting our memories can be (do you remember what you did last Wednesday?), and the way we choose to interpret the actions of people around us (it’s all so subjective). If you haven’t had the chance to listen, I hope you do! (And if you’ve been there, done that, and you’re waiting for Serial season two to come out, check out this and this in the meantime.)
P.S. Have you heard? Carly Rae Jepsen has a new single… Even better, she’s got a new video. Starring Tom Hanks. Enough said.