All the things I can't get enough of this month, including my new morning practice, a surfer-themed notebook, and the Rad t-shirt above.
1. Drinking water with lemon every morning. It's one of my simplest practices/resolutions for 2016. My mom is always drinking water with a slice of lime (and telling me how good it is and that I should do it, too), and Adriene Mishler from Yoga with Adriene loves lemon and water and also talks about the benefits. That being said, according to experts, adding lemon to your water isn't necessarily going to do all the amazing things that you read about online. So, why bother then? If you're not into drinking water (maybe you're not a fan of the taste) but you're looking to hydrate more, adding a slice of lemon makes it taste a lot better. I love it simply because it's super refreshing to wake up and drink a glass of cool H2O first thing—the sour hint of lemon is a bonus. I try to get organic lemons—since it is floating in the water I'm drinking, I want it to be as chemical-free as possible. (Of course, I am no health expert, so take my advice here lightly.)
2. Pretty thank-you cards for after the holidays. I was on a roll last year and I managed to somehow send out Christmas cards, which I haven't done in years. I'm hoping that I'll be able to send out thank-you cards, too. Loving these cool ones: watercolor; confetti; Hey, thanks!; succulent pots; flamingo; navy stripes. Plus, fun, glitzy pens.
3. Archie Grand notebooks. I use the "Surfers I Met and Liked" one. These notebooks have been around forever (and can be hard to find now, see similar ones here), but I've never quite found one that, er, resonated with me until I came upon this neon-turqouise-y one. I write lists and little notes constantly, and I have some big notebooks that are hard to carry everywhere with me (i.e. they're big and kinda heavy). I love the bright color of this one and it's small enough to throw into my bag (without weighing it down). It also reminds me of summer and the beach, so necessary in the midst of the current frigid temps.
4. The Tone It Up beach clay face mask. My best (mermaid) friend Jenn turned my sister Anna and I onto Tone it Up (TIU) trainers Katrina Hodgson and Karena Dawn (follow them on Instagram @toneitup and @karenakatrina for oodles of fitness and nutrition inspo, plus daily doses of sillyness, cat love, dog love, beach love, and oh yes, wine love!). So Jenn got Anna and I the Karena and Katrina Sea Algae Facial Treatment for Christmas (eek!). It feels soothing and tingly at the same time, and there's nothing better than settling into a night of Netflix and chilling with a glass of wine and a face mask (and ideally, a kitten by your side, obvi). I also like this mud mask for when I've got a breakout (or two) coming on. It feels like slathering on mud in the most amazing way. I like to leave it on for a few minutes before bed, when I wake up my breakouts are visibly diminished.
5. A soft, sassy t-shirt. The perfect look to go with your face mask and Netflix-and-chill mode? A relaxed-fit, comfy t-shirt with attitude. (BTW, the Rad one is on sale now! Go to rad.co/us/ to check it out,) Check out these, too: Forever 21, American Eagle, Thug Life Shirts, ModCloth, Society 6.
Bonus: this video (play with the sound on). I just want to watch it over and over all day. Kitten butts are the best. The end.
Thug Life shirt seen on Buzzfeed; cat video sent to me by my dear sis.