It's been awhile since my last "5 Things" post (it was in May!) so I have several month's worth of fun things to tell you about...
1. I could be in the worst mood and I see this huge pink pom-pom (pictured above) on my keys and it makes me laugh; such a fun way to brighten up your key ring or bag! Try these, too: mint green, black kitty, neon, and white.
2. I've been a fan of metal water bottles for a few years now, starting with this Swiss line. What I love about this water bottle, though, is that it really keeps my water cold, and can be used for hot drinks, too. I take it with me everywhere now: to work and whenever I'm traveling home to Long Island for the weekend. I can fill it up with cool water and hours later... still cold! (Read more about it here.)
3. I've had these songs on repeat lately on Spotify:
Youngr's "Out Of My System" (His real name is Dario Darnell and, according to the interwebs, he was born in New York and raised in the U.K. I've got a bit of a crush on him: his style, his sound, his lyrics... Oh, and he's pretty much a one-man band, too. ::Swoon::)
Lauv's "Reforget" (A breakup song with a smooth, catchy sound; whether you're going through a breakup or not, it can be summed up in one word: addicting.)
Tove Lo's "Cool Girl" (I'm obsessed with Swedish singer Tove Lo's moody, dark lyrics and tunes. Can't wait for her next album, Lady Wood, out October 28. Love this interview with her on Vogue.com.)
4. The perfect end-of-summer read (see above) that will get your heart racing (in many ways, I think it's even better than her other thriller, In a Dark, Dark Wood!).
5. The phone case that's worth the splurge. It has a front-lit setup (see photo at top) that reminds me of one of those Hollywood-style vanity mirrors, and it's way better than the flash on your phone. Think: even light that's more flattering and realistic looking than a flash. But don't just take it from me. It has some big-name fans, like Kim Kardashian, and J.Crew's creative director, Jenna Lyons, who told Glamour magazine that it changed her life (!).
6. This face mask, which is super-cooling and has the prettiest dusty-rose color (pictured at top).
7. Summer may be almost over, but these travel wine glasses are perfect for impromptu picnics and tailgating parties.
9. This travel bag. Lots of bloggers I follow rave about how convenient, sturdy, and easy to clean it is (it's machine washable). So I went for it and splurged on the bag at the beginning of the summer. Let me be real: It's a HUGE bag. And I usually overpack it, so I essentially give myself back pain carrying it (arg!). But I've found a solution that seems to work: a) Don't overpack (haha), and b) carry some items, like shoes, in a separate, smaller tote bag. Then, yes, it's the perfect large-sized travel bag!
10. I went to Sephora in search of a bold, burgundy lipcolor, and I ended up buying this lipstick in Liquorice (pictured above): it's super-moisturizing and luxe-feeling. Plus, it's easy for me to put on without lots of other steps (like lip liner). I swipe it on, dab with a tissue, clean up any color that's outside of the lines with a Q-tip, and I'm good to go.
What are some of the things you're obsessed with right now?